Hydejack aims to be the complete package for professionals on the web. It features a blog suitable for both prose and technical documentation, a showcase for your projects, and a resume that fits with the rest of the design.
It’s best to just see it in action.
Both versions include all of these features:
- Full in-app page loading, powered by hy-push-state
- A customizable sidebar that turns into a drawer menu on mobile, powered by hy-drawer
- Advanced FLIP animations, inspired by Material Design
- Good Google PageSpeed Score
- High perceived speed thanks to pre-fetching
- Support for categories and tags
- Built-in icons for many social networks
- Simple and semantic HTML — can be viewed even with text-based browsers
- Author section below each article and multiple authors
- Progressive enhancement — sacrifice features, not content
- Google Analytics and Google Fonts support
- Blog layout with pagination
- Syntax highlighting
- Math formulas via LaTeX
- Disqus comments
- Print layout. See the PDF documentation for an example
- Github avatars via
- Gist support via
- Blog layout with pagination via
- SEO meta tags via
There are two versions of Hydejack: The free version includes basic blogging functionality, as did previous versions of the theme. The PRO version includes additional features for professionals: A portfolio, a resume layout and a welcome page to feature your favorite projects and posts.
This table details what is and isn’t included in each respective version.
|Features (see below)||✔||✔|
|Newsletter Subscription Box||✔|
|Form Element Styles||✔|
| Download on GitHub
– or –
Use the RubyGem
|Buy Now – $39|
__ __ __ __ /\ \/\ \ /\ \ __ /\ \ \ \ \_\ \ __ __ \_\ \ __ /\_\ __ ___ \ \ \/'\ \ \ _ \ /\ \/\ \ /'_` \ /'__`\ \/\ \ /'__`\ /'___\\ \ , < \ \ \ \ \\ \ \_\ \ /\ \L\ \ /\ __/ \ \ \ /\ \L\.\_ /\ \__/ \ \ \\`\ \ \_\ \_\\/`____ \\ \___,_\\ \____\ _\ \ \\ \__/.\_\\ \____\ \ \_\ \_\ \/_/\/_/ `/___/> \\/__,_ / \/____//\ \_\ \\/__/\/_/ \/____/ \/_/\/_/ /\___/ \ \____/ \/__/ \/___/